Please join us on our annual praying and fasting journey from January 3rd to January 23rd
What is this fast about?
Daniel 10:3 ESV
I ate no delicacies, no meat or wine entered my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, for the full three weeks.
Daniel 1:8-14 ESV
But Daniel resolved that he would not defile himself with the king’s food, or with the wine that he drank. Therefore he asked the chief of the eunuchs to allow him not to defile himself. And God gave Daniel favor and compassion in the sight of the chief of the eunuchs, and the chief of the eunuchs said to Daniel, “I fear my lord the king, who assigned your food and your drink; for why should he see that you were in worse condition than the youths who are of your own age? So you would endanger my head with the king.” Then Daniel said to the steward whom the chief of the eunuchs had assigned over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, “Test your servants for ten days; let us be given vegetables to eat and water to drink.
Types of fasting include:
· Eat: vegetables, fruits, whole grains, beans, lentils, chick peas, nuts, herbs, healthy oils, salads, flat breads, etc.
· Avoid: fried foods, meat, poultry, dairy, eggs, seafood, refined sugar, processed foods, soft drinks, alcohol, bread, butter, caffeine, etc.
More recipe ideas at: www.caringcarrot.com
· Drink lots of water or diluted juices. Hydrate or “camel-up” before you begin this type of fast. Avoid coffee or other dehydrating drinks.
· Fast all day and eat a normal supper. Emphasize complex carbohydrates (red skin potatoes, brown rice, etc.) and avoid strong, irritating spices.
Liquid Fast and Traditional Fast
· A liquid fast may include fresh, homemade juices and broths.
· If you are doing a total fast from all food, make sure you drink plenty of water and fast for short periods, 1-3 days a time.
Additional Fasting Tips:
· Plan your fast.
· Wean yourself off caffeine slowly prior to the fast.
· Avoid media.
· Beware of mood swings and stay focused on God.
· You should slow down daily activities and get adequate sleep, but take time for prayer walks and some physical activity.
· Study God’s Word and pray.
21 DAYS OF PRAYER - PRAYER GUIDE DOWNLOAD
From the beginning of Better Life Church, we have made it a priority to seek God first in prayer. We do this collectively as a church in January and August through 21 Days of Prayer.
These two months are intentional, as they begin new seasons of the year. Together, we faithfully seek God first, trusting in His power alone to create lasting impact in our lives, our church and our world.
During 21 Days of Prayer, we send out a daily prayer focus, scripture and devotional and we do this each day of the 21 days.
If you’re not on our email broadcast and would like to be, please go to the contact us link and provide your name and email address so we can include you.